Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 23: Saturdays in January


Day 23: Saturdays in January
Originally uploaded by hcuevas_98

Saturdays in January are often spent at our school's indoor track facility. It is a wonderful place for runners from all over the state to compete especially since it is considered to be one of the fastest tracks in the state.

My role during these track meets is not as a coach but as a USTFA official. I'm the starter for all of our home meets but I also serve as a clerk, umpire, and rules interpreter if there is a grievance.

Today's photo has some of the items I use during the course of the meet.

.22 caliber starter's pistol, ear protection, a box of shells, discarded shells, a whistle, and my official's badge. I placed the relay baton in the photo to add a little flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment