Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8: It's all a matter of perspective

We had a light dusting of snow today and everywhere I looked there were lots of options for today's photo.  As I was going through my day I was struck by how the individual blades of grass perforated the thin blanket of snow.  Taking  a photo from above or at an angle did not provide the desired outcome but I was determined to photograph this scene.  I thought about laying on the ground but I was already too cold to lay down on a concrete walkway.  On a whim, I held my Blackberry Curve upside down and as close to ground level so I could get the trees in the background.  A quick 180 degree rotation and here is the result.

2 comments:

  1. Not bad, using your ingenuity. Better than snow all over you. Meanwhile, it's going to be 43 degrees tomorrow. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania,

    Thanks for stopping by. It was indeed better than getting cold, damp, and covered in snow. I love the fact that your 43 degrees means something totally different in this hemisphere. Most unsuspecting readers here in the States would consider that temperature to be a reprieve from the chilly temps we've been experiencing. But 109 degree F, now that's hot!

    ReplyDelete